cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916 and iPhone (iOS) not working

abd-embed
Associate

Hi,

I am using the ST25R3916 (NFC06A1 board) to perform NFC read/write operations with passive tags and Android-based devices (essentially used as passive tags without any background apps). Recently, I tried to use an iPhone, but I can't get it to work.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
victor laraison
ST Employee

Hi Visitor,
Thx for your interests in our products.
Regarding iOS and NFC Card Emulation Node, it was not supported by until iOS 17.4.
Since iOS 17.4, Apple pushed APIs that allows developer to develop iOS App with HCE (Host Card Emulation).

Ref to  HCE-based contactless transactions for apps in the European Economic Area - Support - Apple Developer

Unfortunately, we don't yet have the HCE Entitlement required for developing and testing the HCE. Request is still pending. 

We'll back to you once we have something new. 

Hope it clarifies.

Thx and br,

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
If I understand correctly, we will absolutely need an iOS app to emulate a tag (whereas, with Android, an app is not required). Is it right ?

Regarding the ST side, is it just a software update for the ST25R3916, or will we need a new hardware setup for this?

Thanks.

Hi,

the ST25R3916 is able to communicate with any tag or Card Emulation behaving according to the NFC standards. Can you provide more information about your use case?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.