cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3911B-DISCO: read multiple TAGs simultaneously

HTio.1
Associate II

Hi, I am quite new to NFC reader, I want to know if it is possible to read multiple TAGs simultaneously with one board?

i have ST25R3911B-DISCO board and bunch of 14443A Tag.

if it is possible, what is the correct way to do the action??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25R3911B-DISCO on its polling tab supports such. Please also look around in this community where such has been previously discussed, e.g. https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001krY4ySAE/read-multiple-rfid-14334a-tags

Please beware that it is not truly parallel:

• It really is time-multiplexed: With in one polling cycle you can anti-collide and discover multiple tags but sequentially.
  • Even if you read the UID of multiple tags in one polling cycle you need to later on decide which one you want to activate and perform more exchanges (memory read, authentication, etc.).

Best Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25R3911B-DISCO on its polling tab supports such. Please also look around in this community where such has been previously discussed, e.g. https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001krY4ySAE/read-multiple-rfid-14334a-tags

Please beware that it is not truly parallel:

• It really is time-multiplexed: With in one polling cycle you can anti-collide and discover multiple tags but sequentially.
  • Even if you read the UID of multiple tags in one polling cycle you need to later on decide which one you want to activate and perform more exchanges (memory read, authentication, etc.).

Best Regards, Ulysses

HTio.1
Associate II

Hi Ulysses,

Thanks for the answer, I manage to get all the UID, now I just need to find what command to use to read the tag base on the collected UID, is that correct?

Hi,

yes, about correct. Our RFAL is performing the various steps of communication (TechnologyDetection, CollisionResolution, Activation and DataExchange). Best if you look around in the examples, best to base on ST25 Embedded NFC lib.

Best Regards, Ulysses