cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a project with X CUBE NFC06

Clement_Devevey
Associate II

Hi,

I want to detect NFC tag. For that I have a P-NUCLEO-WB55 + X NUCLEO NFC06A1.

I have downloaded the zip file (en.X-CUBE-NFC6_v1.1.0) from ST with examples but they are for boards that aren't mine.

I tried to:

• Generate a code for wb55 with CubeMX
  • Add files (header and source) from the zip file

But I ended up with somes errors like "/Core/Inc/platform.h:149:55: warning: implicit declaration of function '_Error_Handler'; did you mean 'Error_Handler'?"

or "'BUS_SPI1_NSS_GPIO_PORT' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'NUCLEO_SPIx_SCK_GPIO_PORT'?"

So my question is what is the right way to create a project with X CUBE NFC6 ?

EDIT:

Thanks to Brian TIDAL, I have been able to create a project from scratch for WB55 + NFC06A1 shield.

Process should be the same for others boards so you will find in attachement a zip containing a tutorial.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

this is the right way: generates a skeleton from STM32CubeMX and importing the RFAL sources/includes into your project.

You will find tips in https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000006G1H9SAK/how-to-start-with-st25r3911b-and-is-it-really-necessary-to-use-rfal-and-st25r3911-libraries-for-simpel-project (it is related to ST25R3911B but applies as well on ST25R3916).

Regarding the various compilation errors, the platform.h macros need to be updated in accordance with you platform:

• your error handler is probably declared as Error_Handler in main.h
  • modify ST25R391X_SS_PORT in platform.h to SPI1_CS_GPIO_Port (assuming SPI1_CS is the name of the SPI1 Chip Select in your STM32CubeMX configuration, See your main.h for the naming on your platform).
  • modify other defines to cope with your STM32CubeMX configuration

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

this is the right way: generates a skeleton from STM32CubeMX and importing the RFAL sources/includes into your project.

You will find tips in https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000006G1H9SAK/how-to-start-with-st25r3911b-and-is-it-really-necessary-to-use-rfal-and-st25r3911-libraries-for-simpel-project (it is related to ST25R3911B but applies as well on ST25R3916).

Regarding the various compilation errors, the platform.h macros need to be updated in accordance with you platform:

• your error handler is probably declared as Error_Handler in main.h
  • modify ST25R391X_SS_PORT in platform.h to SPI1_CS_GPIO_Port (assuming SPI1_CS is the name of the SPI1 Chip Select in your STM32CubeMX configuration, See your main.h for the naming on your platform).
  • modify other defines to cope with your STM32CubeMX configuration

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Clement_Devevey
Associate II

Thanks to Brian TIDAL, I've been able to create this tutorial to create a project fom scratch for WB55 + NFC06A1.

Process should be the same for others boards.

You will find this in attach zip folder.