cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25 NFC READ/WRITE command

LJooS.1
Associate II

Hello

We are currently developing nfc with 'ST25R3916-DISCO'.

Software is using STSW-ST25R011.

I got curious as I analyzed the code.

Can I change the command of read/write?

ex) write

command : A2 04 ...Hello

We are currently developing nfc with 'ST25R3916-DISCO'.

Software is using STSW-ST25R011.

I got curious as I analyzed the code.

Can I change the command of read/write?

ex) write

command : A2 04 ... <- I'd like to change or use the command myself.

I'll be waiting for your answer.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi LJooS.1,

not sure if I understand your question. There are commands over USB (interpreted by dispatcher.c in FW) which will allow to send specific commands for the various protocols and technologies. You are completely free to change these commands and structures to your own if you modify both FW and GUI. Then on the firmware this command is translated into an actual frame/command over NFC.

Doing some guess-work on your mentioned command:

• A2 is the command to write NFC Forum T2T (common specimen Mifare Ultralight). If you want to write those tags you will need to send this NFC frame.
  • Our GUI uses in dispatcher.c the command code A8 to trigger a function which will in turn call t2tWritePage() which will eventually trigger the frame above to be sent.

Best Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi LJooS.1,

not sure if I understand your question. There are commands over USB (interpreted by dispatcher.c in FW) which will allow to send specific commands for the various protocols and technologies. You are completely free to change these commands and structures to your own if you modify both FW and GUI. Then on the firmware this command is translated into an actual frame/command over NFC.

Doing some guess-work on your mentioned command:

• A2 is the command to write NFC Forum T2T (common specimen Mifare Ultralight). If you want to write those tags you will need to send this NFC frame.
  • Our GUI uses in dispatcher.c the command code A8 to trigger a function which will in turn call t2tWritePage() which will eventually trigger the frame above to be sent.

Best Regards, Ulysses