cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for Arduino form factor hardware for NFC reader evaluation

MBlac.2
Associate

I wanted to use one of the X-NUCLEO NFC reader shields.

I have the X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 (ST25R3911), the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 (ST25R3916) and the NUCLEO-F303RE.

I was hoping there would be an easy was to integrate the RFAL with an existing SPI example project. I ran into some difficulty remapping the I/O pins, since the SPI example project used different pins on the NUCLEO-F303RE than what the X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 (and presumably the X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1) uses. I'm not that familiar with the STM processors, so I decided to switch to using a different base board I am more familiar with.

What I would like is an example project for using one of these Arduino shield and that uses an easily obtainable base board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 and X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 are both using D13/12/11/10 for the SPI communication. On NUCLEO-F303RE (as well as on NUCLEO-L476RG used as reference in the various packages), D13/12/11 are mapped to PA5/PA6/PA7 which correspond to SPI1.

So what you need is basically to configure the NUCLEO-F303RE to use SPI1, to configure PB6 as GPIO for software CS on SPI1 and PA0 as EXTI0 for the interrupt.

If you want to use ready to run projects, I would recommand to buy a NUCLEO-L476RG and to use the ST25 embedded NFC library.

Additionally, you can have a look on https://github.com/stm32duino/NFC-RFAL

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 and X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 are both using D13/12/11/10 for the SPI communication. On NUCLEO-F303RE (as well as on NUCLEO-L476RG used as reference in the various packages), D13/12/11 are mapped to PA5/PA6/PA7 which correspond to SPI1.

So what you need is basically to configure the NUCLEO-F303RE to use SPI1, to configure PB6 as GPIO for software CS on SPI1 and PA0 as EXTI0 for the interrupt.

If you want to use ready to run projects, I would recommand to buy a NUCLEO-L476RG and to use the ST25 embedded NFC library.

Additionally, you can have a look on https://github.com/stm32duino/NFC-RFAL

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.