cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read / write memory of NTAG213 with ST25R95

SSERR.11
Associate II

Hi,

I'm currently trying to read and write EEPROM memory of a NTAG213.

Using X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 and NUCLEO board the tag is detected as "ISO14443A/NFC-A".

Looking at source code example there is no method to read/write EEPROM data for this kind of tag (only for NFCDEP and T4T).

I can see that both read/write method implemented in demo code use the function demoTransceiveBlocking to exchange data.

My question is:

Is it possible to use this function with my kind of tag to read/write data? My guess is that I need to adapt data sent to tag according NTAG213/215/216 specification, but I'd like to be sure.

Thanks

Sylvain SERRE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Sylvain,

these tags are Type 2 tags. The RFAL library of the STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0 provides support for T2T READ, T2T WRITE and T2T SECTOR SELECT commands in rfal_t2t.c module. This can be used to read/write the various blocks of your Type 2 tags. You will find example of those T2T read/write API in the ndef_t2t.c module.

Note that the STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0 provides as well an NDEF demo that can read or write NDEF message from/to various tag type including Type 2 tags. See UM2045 for more information about this demo. Make sure your tag is NDEF formatted (you can use for example Android NFC app to format this tag).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Sylvain,

these tags are Type 2 tags. The RFAL library of the STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0 provides support for T2T READ, T2T WRITE and T2T SECTOR SELECT commands in rfal_t2t.c module. This can be used to read/write the various blocks of your Type 2 tags. You will find example of those T2T read/write API in the ndef_t2t.c module.

Note that the STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0 provides as well an NDEF demo that can read or write NDEF message from/to various tag type including Type 2 tags. See UM2045 for more information about this demo. Make sure your tag is NDEF formatted (you can use for example Android NFC app to format this tag).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SSERR.11
Associate II

Hi Brian,

Thank you so much for pointing me the good direction. I quickly tested rfalT2TPollerRead() in my code and values returned perfectly matches tag specification. I guess that writing will be as simple as reading from now on.

Thank again

Sylvain

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Sylvain,

yes writing will be as simple as reading. Note: blocks 0 to 3 have specific write conditions (i.e. write protected or OTP), in particular, bits in block #3 (Capability Container) cannot be reverted to 0 once set to 1.

Rgds

BT