cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Library

Lwang1
Associate II

When I download The ST25 embedded NFC library (STSW-ST25R-LIB) , I get an zip file.

Only one file inside, "ST25NFCEmbeddedLibSrc_ST25R95_1.3.0.exe".

I got an execute file ? The Software Type is "Source code"? STM32CubeIDE support MAC OS, but library doesn't support MAC OS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the ST25NFCEmbeddedLibSrc_ST25R95_1.3.0.exe is a sources installer that contains a click through license that users have to accept. For macOS, you have first to run this sources installer on a Windows PC and then to copy the sources on your macOS device. The sources come with STM32CubeIDE project files, so that it can also be used on macOS. In a nutshell, the library can be used on macOS device but the installation needs first to be run on a Windows device.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KArum.2
Associate II

Hai @Lwang​ 

Instead of using STM32cubeMx use STM32CubeWB for NFC and wireless communication it have full support in the MAC OS.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the ST25NFCEmbeddedLibSrc_ST25R95_1.3.0.exe is a sources installer that contains a click through license that users have to accept. For macOS, you have first to run this sources installer on a Windows PC and then to copy the sources on your macOS device. The sources come with STM32CubeIDE project files, so that it can also be used on macOS. In a nutshell, the library can be used on macOS device but the installation needs first to be run on a Windows device.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Lwang.5,

the contained executable is basically a windows installer forcing acceptance of the contained license before unpacking.

If possible to you please use a Windows PC / VM to extract the package then you can transfer the sources/project to your MAC.

Sorry for the inconvenience, hope that works for you.

BR, Ulysses