cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Detailed Protocol stack for ST25R3911B Discovery GUI

PSing.3
Associate II

I am writing in reference to RFID tag reader project that we are working on it. We have studied it and this gives us insight how GUI is working and how data is flowing from GUI to RFID pcb.

Inspired from your GUI software we are trying to develop our own custom API without using Qt framework. 

We would also appreciate if you could please provide us individual protocol structure or protocol stack for each tab and button in GUI since we are finding it difficult to trace the protocol structure for tabs and buttons that we want to use in our custom API. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pavel,

more information you will find in dispatcher.c in documentation of function processCmd(). If you use doxygen you can also generate nicely formed tables out of it.

Please beware that this information may not in all cases 100% match the latest implementation.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi PSing.3,

The aim of the ST25R3911B Discovery GUI is to show case all features of the ST25R3911B chip. You will find documentation on the the commands over USB in file dispatcher.c.

Most of the APIs used from GUI side are legacy which are there for historical reasons (e.g. iso1444a.c iso14443b.c, iso15693_3.c, ....). The more modern APIs are the RFAL ones.

But even the RFAL APIs will be probably offer more possibilities than a real product needs.

That said I would recommend you to define your own protocol based on your application needs.

Regards, Ulysses

PSing.3
Associate II

Hello Ulysses,

Thanks for sending reply.

Actually we are not changing firmware. We are working on custom API to interact with ST25R3911 discovery board. That's the reason I was looking if we get some protocol architecture/stack that was used for developing GUI.

Although how the packet is send from Host to Pcb and vice versa is explained in st_stream.h. As following :

Byte 0  1    2     3     4     5     6     7   8      (8 + tx-prot) (9+tx-prot) (10+tx-prot)         

+------+-------+-------+----------+---------+---------+---------+---------+-------...---+-------------+-----------+-----------+-------

| TID |payload|re-  | protocol | tx-prot | tx-prot | rx-prot | rx-prot | data    | protocol B | tx-prot B | tx-prot B |         

|   |    | served|     | MSB  | LSB  |  MSB  |  LSB  |       |       |  MSB  |  LSB   |

+------+-------+-------+----------+---------+---------+---------+---------+-------...---+-------------+-----------+-----------+-------

This is a 64 byte long packet which is used every time for communication between GUI and pcb. But I need detailed protocol structure so that we could implement it in our custom API to interact with Pcb/discovery board.

Regards,

Pavel

Hi Pavel,

more information you will find in dispatcher.c in documentation of function processCmd(). If you use doxygen you can also generate nicely formed tables out of it.

Please beware that this information may not in all cases 100% match the latest implementation.

Regards, Ulysses

PSing.3
Associate II

Hi Ulysses,

Thanks again. I got your point.

Regards,

Pavel