cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ndefPollerNdefDetect always returns ERR_PROTO ( 11 )

AShar.10
Associate II

Hi,

My setup is ST25R3911B / RF-HL ported to ESP32.

Recently came across NDEF middleware in "ST25NFC_Embedded_Lib_ST25R3911B". I'm trying to read T2T NFC-A cards but whenever I try to run the NDEF middleware part, the "ndefPollerNdefDetect" function returns error code 11. ( ERR _PROTO )

Here's the flow of my code:

1) rfalNfcGetActiveDevice(&nfcDevice);

If the active device is a T2T card:

2) ndefPollerContextInitialization(&ndefCtx, pNfcDevice); - No error returned

3) ndefPollerNdefDetect(&ndefCtx, &info); - Returns error code 11 ( ERR_PROTO )

What could be the cause of this?

Best Regards,

Ayush Sharma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

your T2T tag is probably not NDEF formatted and therefore the ndefPollerNdefDetect fails to find the Capability Container. I suggest to check the content of Block #3 (it should start with E1 10 .. ..). You can use ST25 NFC Tap on an Android phone to check the content of the block #3.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

your T2T tag is probably not NDEF formatted and therefore the ndefPollerNdefDetect fails to find the Capability Container. I suggest to check the content of Block #3 (it should start with E1 10 .. ..). You can use ST25 NFC Tap on an Android phone to check the content of the block #3.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.