cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU control the antenna function of ST25R3916

ANaud.1
Associate II

Is there a way to have any MCU control the antenna function of the ST25R3916, if we use the ST25R3917, as there is a stock shortage of the 3916 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi ANaud.1,

I assume you are referring to AAT? AAT in ST25R3916 is implemented by two DACs providing a voltage to the control pins of variable capacitors.

You could do basically the same by using two other DACs (for example from your MCU if available). However there are some limitations with regards to power-down/wake-up mode - you may need to keep them active all the time or otherwise you may experience issues when using the inductive wake-up feature of St25R3916/7.

Best Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi ANaud.1,

I assume you are referring to AAT? AAT in ST25R3916 is implemented by two DACs providing a voltage to the control pins of variable capacitors.

You could do basically the same by using two other DACs (for example from your MCU if available). However there are some limitations with regards to power-down/wake-up mode - you may need to keep them active all the time or otherwise you may experience issues when using the inductive wake-up feature of St25R3916/7.

Best Regards, Ulysses

TZhou.2
Associate II

Hi Ulysses,

As I know the ATT is an auto-tunning technology, but I'm not familiar with coding about this. Could you provide some tutorials about how to configure the ATT on NFC06A1 board?

Thanks,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

please have a look at AN5322.

Best Regards, Ulysses

Hi Ulysses,

Thanks for your reply. But I have also another question: how to measure the energy efficiency parameter on NFC06A1 board? If I test the VDD_RF pin is helpful? Thanks,

Thomas

Ulysses,

As for AN5322, I checked it. The AAT GUI is designed for ST25R3916 Discovery board which isn't my platform. Do you have one ATT GUI for NFC06A1 board? It could be helpful. Thank,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

unfortunately we don't have a specialized GUI for the NFC06. You could do a wire-connect of NFC06 to the ST25 DISCOVERY MBOARD and control it from there.

Concerning your questions on VDD_RF - I prefer to have this request handled in the separate thread which you created.

BR, Ulysses