cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25RU3993-HPEV pre-tuning algorithm

NBert.1
Associate

Hi, I am working with the ST25RU3993 HPEV board. 

I have configured the API with the USA frequency profile and every time I launch a new inventory it runs the pre-tuning algorithm which takes about 17 seconds. 

Is there any way to avoid this? I mean, some functionality that stores the tuning parameters and applies them every time an inventory is executed?

BR, Nicolas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bart Herse
Senior II

Hello NBert.1,

it is possible to disable the pre tuning in the reader settings under the Tuning tab.

Alternatively the pre tuning algorithm can be changed to FAST or VERYFAST. This way the pre tuning is still done but the convergence time is shorter.

Note that once a tuning file is generated for specific frequency range and, most important, downloaded to the reader, the tuning will be stored permanently to the reader.

So next time the reader is powered up the previously stored tuning will be applied.

Cheers,

B

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bart Herse
Senior II

Hello NBert.1,

it is possible to disable the pre tuning in the reader settings under the Tuning tab.

Alternatively the pre tuning algorithm can be changed to FAST or VERYFAST. This way the pre tuning is still done but the convergence time is shorter.

Note that once a tuning file is generated for specific frequency range and, most important, downloaded to the reader, the tuning will be stored permanently to the reader.

So next time the reader is powered up the previously stored tuning will be applied.

Cheers,

B