cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24LR with energy harvesting is possible?

Ferga
Associate

Hi! I am a student new in this theme and i am searching for components to create a energy harvesting NFC system. This will work only with the power given by a mobile reader though the antenna. Searching for a dynamic tag, i have see that only M24LR and ST25DV Series can use this feature, but i prefer ISO14443-A because it is a mandatory system requirement. Is it impossible to use the M24LR in a energy harvesting system? Is there any other solution using the ISO14443-A protocol?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your interest in ST25 product family!

This true that only ST25DV and M24LR series can provide energy harvesting. it is not possible with M24SR series. There is currently no ISO14443-A solution with energy harvesting in ST25 family.

Could you tell us why ISO144443-A is mandatory in your system ? Perhaps you could use an additional ISO15693 tag dedicated to energy harvesting ( ST25TV04K-P ) in your system.

Best Regards,

BB

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your interest in ST25 product family!

This true that only ST25DV and M24LR series can provide energy harvesting. it is not possible with M24SR series. There is currently no ISO14443-A solution with energy harvesting in ST25 family.

Could you tell us why ISO144443-A is mandatory in your system ? Perhaps you could use an additional ISO15693 tag dedicated to energy harvesting ( ST25TV04K-P ) in your system.

Best Regards,

BB