cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Establishing NFC Connection via Mailbox with iPhone Using ST25DV04K

sebastianst
Associate

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue establishing an NFC connection via mailbox between my iPhone and a device that uses the ST25DV04K chip. The application works perfectly on Android devices, but I'm unable to achieve the same result on iPhones.

Details:

• NFC Module: ST25DV04K
  • Communication Method: Mailbox
  • Devices: The connection works flawlessly with Android devices, but I can't establish a stable connection with iPhones.

When I attempt to connect with an iPhone, I encounter problems with interrupts. The iPhone continually pings the microcontroller with interrupts, which are not being properly handled, leading to the generation of additional interrupts and eventual loss of communication and beacause of tihs i cannot send data to my nfc via mailbox. This issue does not occur with Android devices – everything works as expected there. Initially, the device connects to the phone and waits for communication, while the iPhone connects and disconnects as if it is not receiving a confirmation of the connection.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? What steps can I take to ensure proper communication with iPhones using the mailbox method? Are there any specific settings or procedures I should follow to make the iPhone work correctly with the ST25DV04K?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help!

1 REPLY 1
victor laraison
ST Employee

Hi SebastianST,

I'm in charge of iOS App development with our ST25 Tag. 
I never encountered this kind of issue. In our SW stack, we are providing demo examples on how using ST25DV Mailbox with iPhone. Are you using same piece of code ? or you developed your own with STM32 FW ? 

Basically, in iOS app, during coreSession NFC , we use a thread with state machine checking status of MailBox before doing any action (ref to hasHostPutMsg calls in java code here attached). I will check with STM32 FW developers how they handled ST25DV interrupts. 

Stay tuned..

Br,