cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can use ST25R3911 ISO14443-4 High Bit Rates instead of ISO14443A?

GPaiv.1
Associate III

I using in my project today the ISO 14443 Protocol, but I Will need to arrive at the highest transmission rate, I believe that ISO14443-4 could give me that rate.

Is it possible to implement ISO14443-4 in ST25R3911? 

What is the function that I can use to read this protocol in the demo code of ST25R3911-disco? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

During the ISO14443-3 Initialisation and anti-collision phase, the tag indicates the support of ISO14443-4 in the Select acknowledge (SAK). The coding of the SAK is the following :

b8 b7 b6 b5 b4 b3 b2 b1
 X  X  1  X  X  0  X  X tag compliant with ISO/IEC 14443-4
 X  X  0  X  X  0  X  X tag ***not*** compliant with ISO/IEC 14443-4

If the tag is compliant with ISO/IEC 14443-4, the reader can then start the ISO/IEC 14443-4 (aka ISO DEP) communication protocol layer. The reader will send a Request for Answer To Select (RATS) and the tag will reply with an Answer To Select with its bit rate capability. Then the reader can send a Protocol and Parameter Selection request (PPS) to change the bit rate. The related API are rfalIsoDepRATS and rfalIsoDepPPS.

But the first step is to check bit #6 of the SAK in the datasheet of the tag. If bit #6 equals 0, there is no chance to have the tag supporting RATS and other ISO14443-4 commands. What is the value of the SAK of your tag?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

ISO14443-4 is fully supported in ST25R3911B for tags supporting ISO14443-4 i.e. T4T tags. Your SIC-4310 tag seems to be a T2T tag and therefore it does not support ISO14443-4.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

If my board supported T4T, what function implements the ISO14443-4?

Rgds.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

During the ISO14443-3 Initialisation and anti-collision phase, the tag indicates the support of ISO14443-4 in the Select acknowledge (SAK). The coding of the SAK is the following :

b8 b7 b6 b5 b4 b3 b2 b1
 X  X  1  X  X  0  X  X tag compliant with ISO/IEC 14443-4
 X  X  0  X  X  0  X  X tag ***not*** compliant with ISO/IEC 14443-4

If the tag is compliant with ISO/IEC 14443-4, the reader can then start the ISO/IEC 14443-4 (aka ISO DEP) communication protocol layer. The reader will send a Request for Answer To Select (RATS) and the tag will reply with an Answer To Select with its bit rate capability. Then the reader can send a Protocol and Parameter Selection request (PPS) to change the bit rate. The related API are rfalIsoDepRATS and rfalIsoDepPPS.

But the first step is to check bit #6 of the SAK in the datasheet of the tag. If bit #6 equals 0, there is no chance to have the tag supporting RATS and other ISO14443-4 commands. What is the value of the SAK of your tag?

Rgds

BT

Hi,

The value Bit #6 of SAK of my Tag is 1.

Regards.