cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing an issue while interfacing st nucleo expansion board NFC08A1 with another microcontroller

cGosa.1
Senior

Hello,

I'm using NFC08A1 Nucleo expansion board. I am trying to interface this board with another renesas microcontroller via SPI.I have connected the expansion board through jumper wires on SPI lines,IRQ,and GND ,VCC.

I'm using RFAL stack for 3916B IC.

Currently I'm facing issue in IC initialisation DemoIni() function, the code is getting stuck at

EXIT_ON_ERR( err, st25r3916Initialize() ); inside rfalInitialize() function. Can you please suggest how this issue can be solved.

21 REPLIES 21

Hi,

why are you still looking here where we explicitly indicated that the issue is in your SPI driving? The ReadID needs to look something like this:

Read IDRead ID

Of course on ST25R3916B you will need to read 0x31 instead 0x2A!

Regards, Ulysses

cGosa.1
Senior

Hello,

So currently as per the SPI configuration ,Screenshot (219).pngScreenshot (220).png

This is the logic analyzer trace

Hi,

the shots don't show the complete 0x7f frame ( both bytes until SPI-Enable going high again).

Please also share the trace file as well.

Ulysses

HI,

Please find logic analyzer file: nfc_ssb29-6_1.salNfc_29_6_2.sal

Hi,

still the same as before, the read chip ID is not correctly sent. Please work on achieving a waveform as shown in my post!

Regards, Ulysses

Hello,

I'm able to initialise IC now but not able to get interrupt from IC .Currently I'm porting RFAL code from 3911 to 3916 IC.I have called  st25r3916Isr() function inside interrupts ISR but its not coming there.

IS there anything we need to configure for ISR .

Screenshot (230).png

Hi,

RFAL should be taking care of unmasking the interrupts as needed. In the trace is one of the channels the INT pin?

Best Regards, Ulysses

Yes channel 4 is interrupt if i flash the code the interrupt is coming 2 times but during debug the  st25r3916Isr(); function is not getting called.

Hi,

well if the INT Pin goes high but st25r3916Isr() is not getting called you need to look on the MCU side.

In future also better to provide the actual trace file.

Regards, Ulysses

Hello,

Regarding the interrupt issue I was getting system error during initialisation inside st25r3916OscOn() at line 291 in file (Screenshot (234).pngst25r3916.c file )as shown in picture so i have disabled this part is there any way this can cause any issue ?