cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eval board, STEVAL-25R3916B for ST25R3916B chip

biotillion
Associate

Hi,

This is my first post in the ST Community.  

We bought an evaluation board for the 25R3916B reader chip. It successfully reads tags when working on its own as we can clearly see on the local eval board display. We also downloaded the latest PC software from the ST website and the software successfully runs on a PC.

We cannot, however, get the eval board to talk to the PC in any way, form or fashion. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Hanan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

there are 2 USB connectors on the board, one is dedicated to the STLink and the second one to the communication with the GUI. make sure to use the "MCU USB" not the STLink USB". 

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

just press the blue user button (4) and keep it pressed while pressing the reset button (3). See buttons location on figure 3 in UM3033 Getting started with the STEVAL-ST25R3916B. Once in USB mode, it should be displayed "USB mode" on the LCD..

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks BT,

I forgot to mention that we could get the eval board to be in the USB mode without issue.  The PC software, however does not see the eval board at all.  We had 3 senior engineers working on this for a while and could not get the PC software to recognize the eval boarding any way.  We tried this on 3 PCs. We are obviously missing something. 

Thanks, 

Hanan

Hi,

there are 2 USB connectors on the board, one is dedicated to the STLink and the second one to the communication with the GUI. make sure to use the "MCU USB" not the STLink USB". 

Rgds

BT

Hi,

I've got nearly the same issue, except for using the MCU USB isn't working for me.  Are there any more reasons why it wouldn't be connecting?

JD

PS I also tried to update the firmware, but that didn't work--it said the STM32 bootloader driver was potentially not installed.  Not sure if this is related to the PC communication, but could be helpful..