cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIMER1 outputs in STEVAL-SPIN3201 not working

adromo95
Associate II

Hi all,

I am working with the STEVAL-SPIN3201 development board for controlling a BLDC motor. This board is based in the STSPIN32F0 controller which integrates the STM32F031C6 MCU. I attach the system-in-package block diagram taken from the datasheet.

I am currently in the PWM generation stage (TIM1 for the U, V, W phases), but I cannot make it work. However, when I try to use other GPIO pins in the board (e.g., TIM1_CH1N in PA7 that comes directly from the F031C6 MCU) it works (as PWM, normal I/O, etc.). I don't know if the control logic in the block diagram needs a specific type of treatment but I have no clue how to deal with it, as there is no additional information and following the F0x1 reference manual doesn't seem to help. Does anybody have any clue? It would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

P.S. I've tried to use the motor control workbench but the only available code is based on PMSM motors and it's rather confusing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @adromo95​ and welcome to the ST Community.

At the power-up the STSPIN32F0 is in standby mode and the 12 V regulator is disabled.

To enable the device and enable the regulator, you have to set the GPIOs PF6 and PF7 of the device, this selects the overcurrent threshold and meanwhile enables the device (refer to Table 12).

I hope this post helps you, if yes consider to click on "Select as Best" label.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
adromo95
Associate II

UPDATE: when measuring VREG12, the supply voltage for the OPAMPS, does not provide 12 V. I have checked the connections and everything seems to be fine. The rest of the supply voltages (i.e., 3V3 and so on) are working fine. Any clue?

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @adromo95​ and welcome to the ST Community.

At the power-up the STSPIN32F0 is in standby mode and the 12 V regulator is disabled.

To enable the device and enable the regulator, you have to set the GPIOs PF6 and PF7 of the device, this selects the overcurrent threshold and meanwhile enables the device (refer to Table 12).

I hope this post helps you, if yes consider to click on "Select as Best" label.

adromo95
Associate II

Thank you for the response! I will try it out, hope it works