Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWLC38JRM does not output 5V at VOUT pin

HiepLe
Visitor

Hi all,

I am designing the custom wireless charging receiver using the STWLC38JRM chip

Currently, when I put the circuit on the wireless charging pad (Qi standard), I notice that the STWLC38JRM chip does not output 5V at the VOUT pin. 

Below is the schematic, I copied all the things from the STDES-WLC38WA board, the coil part number is 760308101219 but the circuit does not work, the only thing that worked is the I2C communication, when I supply 5V to the VOUT pin, I was able to communicate and read ID chip.

and Below the schematic is the scope that I captured when put the circuit on the wireless charger pad

Red is AC1, green is AC2, yellow is VRECT, and blue is VOUT

I see the VOUT is still 0V and the AC1, AC2, and VRECT waveforms look like wrong.

Currently, I don't use the temperature sensor NTC so I designed a 100k resistor pull-down and 100k pull-up to VAA at NTC (F1 pin).

Can you guys help me fix this issue?

Thank you so much

schematic.JPG

scope.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
willzhou
ST Employee

Hi Sir
May i ask what is the application?
seems you follow our STDES-WLC38WA design. Please follow below link:

coil 760308101219 is 11.8 uh, based on https://www.we-online.com/components/products/datasheet/760308101219.pdf.
From your sch C tank is 247nF, seem right

From your waveform, Vrect send some ASK packet and then drop power, seems TX CEP timeout.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
willzhou
ST Employee

Hi Sir
May i ask what is the application?
seems you follow our STDES-WLC38WA design. Please follow below link:

coil 760308101219 is 11.8 uh, based on https://www.we-online.com/components/products/datasheet/760308101219.pdf.
From your sch C tank is 247nF, seem right

From your waveform, Vrect send some ASK packet and then drop power, seems TX CEP timeout.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @willzhou,

My application is a small wearable device

I copied all the schematics of the STDES-WLC38WA design, but my circuit does not work.

I think the schematic is correct.

I tried with another wireless charger pad but it still did not work.

With the above waveforms, what should I do next?

Thank you

HI 

STDES-WLC38WA design work with STDES-WBC86WTX, and coils is smaller.

But you use TX with standard coils, 

I suggest you modify COMA/COMB Cap value, make it larger, currently your sch COMA Cap 22nF and COMB Cap 10nF, suggest to modify to COMA Cap 47nF and COMB Cap 22nF