cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STPMIC1 simulation models

CharlesBlanchard
Associate III

Hello all,

I'm designing a custom board based on MP1 familly and I'm using the STPMIC1APQR PMIC. 

To validate my design, I would like to simulate it. 

Is there any SPICE (Or IBIS etc) model of the PMIC available that can allow me to progress on that point?

Thank you,

Charles Blanchard

2 REPLIES 2
Vincenzo
ST Employee

Hello Charles,

there is no SPICE model or similar for the STPMIC1 device

Best Regards

Vincenzo

CharlesBlanchard
Associate III

Hello Vincenzo,

That's too bad :(

I was told once that you were providing SIMPLIS/Simetrix model, maybe that was for other product lines.

So maybe you can help me on my situation :D

BUCK4 of the STPMIC1 can deliver up to I_OUT4=2A. Which correspond to a maximal current in the inductor: I_BK4LIM=3A

The inductor reference used in the reference design (DFE252012P-1R0M=P2) can handle these currents. But with our regular component suppliers, we can't find dual sources for this. The one we found that handle 3A are really big and we can't afford that with our mechanical constraint. So we have selected a smaller inductor, that can handle currents for BUCK[1:3] and decieded to limit the current on BUCK4.

How can we determine the current I_OUT4 from a custom I_BK4LIM ?

For instance, with our inductor choice we have: I_BK4LIM=2A

I have 2 hypothesis:

1. Sawtooth keep the same range (2A) and so the I_OUT4=1A (current oscillating between 0A and 2A, mean 1A)
  2. Sawtooth range are proportional with the current, so I_OUT4=1.33A (current oscillating between 0.5A and 2A)

Also note that I'm really new to power converters topology. Maybe I completely missed the point.

I hope my explanations are clear. Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Charles