cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STPMIC1 and ST-Link

filip1785
Associate II

Hello,

Since I'm trying to design a relatively simple and mainly small STM32MP157FAD1 board (MPU, DDR3L, eMMC, WiFi+BT, microphone, speaker and display), something like a wearable motherboard, I'd like to ask if it would be possible to power the whole system with just a 3.7V LiPo battery via STPMIC1 and if the output voltage will be automatically adjusted after I just replace the "5V_VIN" with my 3.7V input? Also, if I may ask, how do I then address the VBAT and the backup battery? I try to stick as much as possible to the schematics of the different solutions, but the diversity of their boards (Ethernet, USB, HDMI ports, GPIO extensions, ...) just confuses me. One last question, is there a way to externally program the processor (and other things like DDR or eMMC configuration) to save PCB space?

Thank you very much in advance for any advice.

Sincerely

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
RhSilicon
Lead

MPU, DDR3L, eMMC, WiFi+BT, microphone, speaker and display

This board appears to be close to the listed features:

StarSOM-6ULL-intro

The StarSOM-6ULL (SLS06) family is a SoM based on the NXP i.MX6 ULL application processor. The StarSOM-6ULL features an advanced implementation of a single ARM Cortex-A7 core (at speed up to 900MHz).

The StarSOM-6ULL (SLS06) is a low power highly integrated SoM featuring high computation power, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth v5.1 connectivity and on-board Ethernet 10/100 PHY interface. The option of integrated, fully certified 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth BLE 5.1 module simplifies the carrier board. Module provides a variety memory configuration including DDR3L and eMMC memory.

The SoM supports connections to a variety of interfaces: two high-speed USB on-the-go with PHY, dual Ethernet, audio, display with touch panel and serial interfaces. In addition, the system supports industrial grade embedded applications.

Square shaped PCB of StarSOM-6ULL module is equipped with board-to-board, low profile connectors with 2×100 pins.

For evaluation purposes we offer dedicated carrier board StarCB-6ULL.

https://somlabs.com/product/starsom-6ull-sls06/

Hello,

Thank you very much, but may I ask about the power supply for the whole system? Is it possible to power it with only one 3.7V LiPo 220mAh battery with 1C discharge rate? And if I connect it to STPMIC1 according to the schematic, is the output voltage regulation VDD, VDDQ_DDR, ... automatic? The board is supposed to be made just like the one in wearables and the only rational power supply is a LiPo battery.

Thank you very much,

Regards

RhSilicon
Lead

The mentioned board "StarSOM-6ULL (SLS06)" has a maximum consumption of 255mA, max. 3.45 V (about 0.87975 Watts), see datasheet. What is the maximum consumption of your board?

Well, I'm still designing it and I don't know it yet, but at least now I know that battery discharge rate plays a role when designing a board, as I was't sure about that. Thanks!

Vincenzo
ST Employee