cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STPM066S OTP Programming Application Note / Example Code

csuel
Associate

Hello,

I am trying to set up an STPM066S PMIC via OTP (One Time Programming), but without success so far.

I am struggling a bit with the description in section 6.7 of the STPM066S data sheet (Rev. 2).
a) Is a more detailed application note on OTP available?
b) Is a reference implementation of the SPI communication for OTP programming available? A protocol of a successful SPI communication would suffice as well, I think.

If not, can someone tell me, what response from the PMIC I should expect?

Currently, I do the following steps:
1) apply +20V to the VBAT1 pin
2) write to SAF_REG_OP: Set SAF_ADDR = "8"; SAF_CMD = "11" (simulation); SAF_AUTO_DOWNLOAD_FORCE = "1"
3) write OTP Row 8 to SAF_REG_DI
4) write SAF_REG_OP as above, with SAF_ADDR = "9"
5) write OTP Row 9 to SAF_REG_DI
6) write SAF_REG_OP as above, with SAF_ADDR = "11"
7) write OTP Row 11 to SAF_REG_DI
😎write SAF_REG_OP as above, with SAF_ADDR = "12"
9) write OTP Row 12 to SAF_REG_DI

Is this the correct way to do this? I am uncertain if I am doing this right. Also, the datasheet confuses me a little. For example,  the OTP bit mapping table in Figure 22, shows the CRC in bits 0 to 2, but the SAF_REG_DI table in 6.9.3 shows CRC in bits 13 to 15.

How would the STPM066S response to SPI command during OTP? Should I get any response on the DO signal during OTP programming? Should it be possible to read registers before the IC was configured by OTP?

I would be grateful for any hints towards the right direction.

1 REPLY 1
csuel
Associate

In this brochure (https://www.st.com/resource/en/brochure/brvrsbc.pdf), I found a reference to an evaluation board for the EVAL-STPM066S evaluation board, but could not find that board for purchase. Is that board available? The same brochure says, that the evaluation board can be used together with the discovery board SPC582B-DIS. This sounds like example code should already be available, but I could not find it online.