cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-L99615C Communication Response Error

namgod13
Associate
We are trying to get the L9961 Demo App working, but running into problems. We are following instructions according to document UM3141.

In section 3.1.1.1 "Script Selection," it says to select the script entitled "Voltage Acquisition Init - 5Cell + VB + NTC.csv". Where is this script supposed to be?
In the folder entitled "en.en.stsw-l9915c", there is a zipped file called "L9961_Script.7z". When I unpack this file, there is only one csv file in there, called "Current Acquistion Init - CC+CSA.csv". The Voltage acquisition script is missing. Thus, I cannot follow along with the rest of the instructions in UM3141.

I attempted to make my own bootleg version of this script based on the screenshot in the UM3141 document, but the picture is pixelated so I'm not sure if I have all the commands correctly copied. It doesn't behave as expected. In the Message Log, I get "ERROR" on every "receive" message. The message log reads as shown in screenshot.

I will attempt to follow along with "Quick Start Guide for STSW-L9961BMS" for now, however this doesn't use the GUI. I would like to use the GUI if possible.

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
KTANG.9
ST Employee

Hi,

Please try attached script. You need to go to Register Load , and open the file from there. 

After that, the script will be selectable in "Script Select".

The L9961 board needs to be power by 12V DC at B+ / B- . 

In the manual, the STM32 nucleo board can be powered by VREG of L9961 board or by the USB ( ST-LINK ) connected to PC. 

If powering the  STM32 nucleo board by USB, you need to set the J2 jumper ( VIO ) to 1-2 , to use VDD . 

You can use multimeter to check VIO , it needs to be 3.3V for the I2C communication between L9961 and STM32 to work. ( otherwise, you can get communication error ).

Best Regards

KC