cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L9963 Evaluation Board GUI Error: Configure ID button does not work

onurkagano
Associate

I downloaded the NI Labview-runtime 2014,  NI VISA-RUNTIME and FTDI driver.

I connected the EVM to the PC via USB and connected VBAT_CELL pin to power supply with 20V and GND_B to GND of power supply (see below picture). As can be seen from the picture all the LEDs are switched ON which means that the power supply to the module is properly done.

setup_evm.jpeg

Then, on GUI, I did the first 2 steps according to user guide. I saw the firmware version by pressing the 'get firmware version' button as mentioned in the datasheet. After that, we tried to activate Configure IDs button by writing 1 to ID asignment textbox. But the ACK light does not turn to green. Steps are explained below (see below picture).

Step 1: Click "Reset COM port" - DONE (Fn is set to B0 and both COM and ACK signs became green)
Step 2: Click "Get Firmware version" - DONE (version is 1.6)

Step 3: On "Id Assignment" write 1 and click "Configure IDs" - CAN NOT DONE (After clicking, ACK led became red)

gui.png

What could be the problem? Can anyone help me about this?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
KTANG.9
ST Employee

Hi,

From your picture, you are missing 1 jumper for JHOT. Connect pins 1-2 for JHOT.

You need to power up the L9963E ( in your case , the 20V DC ) , then power up the 12V DC for the MCU. 

So after power down, power up L9963E, then power up 12V for MCU. Connect COM Port , read FW version. 

Clear the IDs. Enter 1 in ID assignment. Press Configure IDs ONCE only. If ACK is green , you can proceed. Or else repeat from power cycle again. 

Best Regards

KC