cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation on DC motor and stepper motor control HW and FW

Tommino
Senior

Hi all,

I would like to develop some HW and FW to control DC and Stepper motor using stm32G0 or G4 family.

The goal is to control low voltage (5 to 12V and <1A) DC and Stepper motor.I have seen that here Motor Control Solution Eval Boards - STMicroelectronics there are lots of board to drive these kind of motors.

But where can I find FW libraries to control DC (encoder readings, position PID control loop..) and STEPPER motor ?

Yours sincerely

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @Tommino​,

concerning the hardware I can suggest two motor driver family:

• STSPIN200 operating voltage: from 1.8 to 10 V and max output current: 1.3 Arms
  • STSPIN800 operating voltage from 7 to 45 V and max output current 1.5 Arms

For the stepper motor:

For DC motor

For the stepper motor you can find the STM32Cube Expansion Packages developed for some of STM32 Nucleo-64 boards (the part numbers are indicated in the documentations).

You can make the SW porting to G0/G4 family.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @Tommino​,

concerning the hardware I can suggest two motor driver family:

• STSPIN200 operating voltage: from 1.8 to 10 V and max output current: 1.3 Arms
  • STSPIN800 operating voltage from 7 to 45 V and max output current 1.5 Arms

For the stepper motor:

For DC motor

For the stepper motor you can find the STM32Cube Expansion Packages developed for some of STM32 Nucleo-64 boards (the part numbers are indicated in the documentations).

You can make the SW porting to G0/G4 family.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"