cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Drive and MCU, speed control

JKach.1
Associate II

I am currently working on electrical vehicle hardware, I have gathered some research on BLDC motor driver control. Here I am looking for a MCU, Motor driver with Hall sensor as my motor is with hall sensor. I really appreciate any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JKach.1​,

you can refer to STEVAL-PTOOL2V1 reference design as an example of STM32 resource assignment.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @JKach.1​ and welcome to the ST Community.

In the "BLDC Motor Drivers" product selector you can find the ST portfolio for this kind of application.

There are motor drivers with embedded decoding logic (e.g. L6235 or L6229) or System-In-Package providing an integrated solution suitable for driving BLDC motors (e.g STSPIN32F0 family).

You can select the right part number according your application requirement and driving method.

I hope this post can help you; if so, consider to mark it as best answer by clicking the label "Select as Best".

Thanks for your response. it helped me. I am have STSPIN32F0252 datasheet and it's product description it says 6 step sensor less operation. But I have BLDC with hall sensor. will IC will be useful?

Hi @JKach.1​ ,

I confirm that the STSPIN32F0252 can manage the digital Hall sensors for motor

position feedback.

Thanks for your confirmation, as I have seen other Motor driver + MCU product, they have the particular pins to manage the hall sensor, but in this I can't see any, if you can provide some more information.

Hi @JKach.1​,

you can refer to STEVAL-PTOOL2V1 reference design as an example of STM32 resource assignment.

Hello Cristiana,

Thanks for the response.