cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May i ask you what the difference between BD139, BD139-10, BD139-16?

VICTOR1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee
Well, I don't really understand your issue.
BD135 (npn) and BD136 (pnp) can work up to 45V.
BD139 (npn) and BD140 (pnp) can work up to 80V.
The suffix denotes the hfe range (current gain of a bipolar junction transistor) as mentioned before, i.e. a selection of devices.
Clear now?
Regards
/Peter
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Unfortunately, it is easy to overlook the information on this in the data sheet, table 4: the suffix after the - indicates the hfe range:

• BD139: 25/40...250 (full range)
  • BD138-10: 63...160
  • BD139-16: 100...250

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
VICTOR1
Associate II

HI Peter,

Thanks for the answer but it is BD135-16 & BD136-16, not the BD139-16 & BD139,

i am afraid i purchase the wrong materials..

just want to clarify the BD139, BD139-10 & BD139-16, seems it is same parts....but not logical show with difference items, is these same components with difference packing only? Thanks.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee
Well, I don't really understand your issue.
BD135 (npn) and BD136 (pnp) can work up to 45V.
BD139 (npn) and BD140 (pnp) can work up to 80V.
The suffix denotes the hfe range (current gain of a bipolar junction transistor) as mentioned before, i.e. a selection of devices.
Clear now?
Regards
/Peter

mm.., thanks for the explanation.~