cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M48T58Y-70PC1 timekeeper packaging

aguarin
Associate

Hello, I need to replace a ST timekeeper model number M48T58Y-70PC1

They are on an extended back order.  They have another battery model number 511-M48T58Y-70MH1F available, however the packaging is different.  Are there adaptors available where I would be able to use the battery that is in stock and convert it to pcdip28?

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @aguarin, to the community!

Please note that M48T58Y-70PC1 is a complete RTC module, i.e. RTC chip including battery and crystal.

M48T58Y-70MH1F, which can also be found in the same data sheet, is only the RTC chip in the package SOH28. The so-called SNAPHAT, which contains the required battery and crystal, must be ordered separately and plugged onto the M48T58Y-70MH1F. Both together then form the same function as the M48T58Y-70PC1 and have the advantage over it that the SNAPHAT can be replaced when the battery is empty, whereas with the M48T58Y-70PC1 the whole module has to be unsoldered.

Fot the M48T58Y-70MH1F two compatible SNAPHAT are available:

Adapters in the form of a small circuit board, into which the DIP28 pins, e.g. in the form of a 0.1" pin strip, usually still have to be soldered, can be found from various suppliers on the Internet if you search with your favourite search engine for e.g. "adaptor SOW28 DIP28". However, you should make sure that the footprint tracks for the SO package have a width of approx. 11.5mm (max. 12.7mm) so that the SOH28 (roughly comparable to the SOW28) can be soldered on.

Hope that helps?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.