cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have PMSM Motor with Rated Voltage - 60V Back EMF - 60 Pole - 4 Frequency - 120Hz Speed - 2500 RPM Power - 0.75KW,

Darshan Patel
Associate II

How can i create Custom motor details to use in Motor Control Work Bench. I am using EVSPIN32F0601S3. Any suggestions??/

7 REPLIES 7
Dario CUCCHI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ , welcome to the STCommunity !

Here some suggestions you can follow.

Open the ST Motor Control Workbench and click on new project. Select the board as shown in the figure below.

0693W00000592A1QAI.pngThen, click ok and in the project click on the motor: there you can customize the motor's parameters.

0693W00000592B9QAI.pngLet me ask you some more details about your description:

- Rated Voltage - 60V

- Back EMF - 60, what do you mean exactly ?

- Pole 4, in the tool you need to set the pole pairs, so in your case 2

- Frequency 120 Hz. It is not clear what this frequency is referred to. It does not match with a speed of 2500 rpm.

Remember to set in the parameters the Resistance and the inductance of the motor’s phases.

Moreover, set all the parameters related to the application such as voltage supply, nominal current and the start-up sequence

One remark about the power: check that the maximum current of the power stage is less than the overcurrent threshold (4.5A peak)

I hope this can help you, let me know how it is going.

All the best !

B Emf Constant - 60

Frequency 120Hz so speed will be 3600 rpm.

Rs = 1.60 Ohm, Ls = 2.3 mH

Vdc - 60V

I will be arranging the setup and keep you updated. Thank you for prompt reply.

Dario CUCCHI
ST Employee

Ok, just let me better explain my concerns.

About the B-emf constant: it is not clear to me the unit of measurement.

I suppose Vrms / krpm. In this case 60 Vrms / krpm Seems to me a very high value.

If the supply is 60V, it would be hard for the motor to run above 700 rpm.

Can you double check this value ?

My second question is: If you want to run the motor at 3600 rpm (120Hz, 2 pole pairs), what 2500 rpm  is referred to in the original question ?

Is it only related to the power: 0.75 kW at 2500 rpm ?

Darshan Patel
Associate II

Hello,

60 will be the back emf voltage given to us from motor designer side. I will calculating back emf constant in Vrms/Krpm.

My target is according to data 2 Pole pairs & 120Hz. motor must run 3600 rpm.

Darshan Patel
Associate II

HI

Finally today i am able to get below ;

0693W000005A274QAC.jpg

Dario CUCCHI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

have you made some progress ? Did you run the motor ?

Dario No

Actually I use with some other things with IPM20B long with Controller board. but while using motor profiler once i got success to run the motor but after that its shows the Over current error.

Can you help out something with that error?

Can you check here Motor Profiler failure with IMP20B and Nucleo Board F302R8 (st.com)