cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVAL- SCS001V1: Doubts regarding type of source, configuration and output.

AshutoshK
Associate III

Hello There!

I have bought EVAL- SCS001V1 sink device for my application in which I need the output as 12V/2A from the mentioned sink device. I came across below problems and I seek help on it.

1) Problem related to STSW-STUSB002 GUI version 2.0.

The first problem is with the GUI version 2.0 as specified. When I made hardware connections as mentioned in the quick start document and I tried to connect the Nucleo- F072RB with the GUI 2.0, I got an error which says " The Parameter is Incorrect". and I'm unable to connect the hardware with the GUI 2.0.

I have resolved this issue by using the previous version ( STSW-STUSB002 GUI 1.09 ). So my hardware got detected in this version and I was able to program or write the NVM successfully. In the Connection Status of the GUI 1.09 it showed that " OK STUSB4500_L  Detected (COM19), at address 0x28 (I2C bus 1)" sharing image below.

OKconfigure_win.jpg

2) Problem related to the usage of the source device and selecting desired PDO's.

Currently I'm using the 65W mobile phone charger as the source device. I was not aware of the charging technology it was using. I was not able to switch the PDO profiles at the output. I was getting constant output 5V whereas the required is 12V. So if I'm not wrong the source must be USB PD technology support.

I need help on the available sources which I can use. And how can I select the desired PDO from configured PDO's in NVM to get the desired output 12V/2Amps.

Ashu
60 REPLIES 60

Hello,

The .bin file used is "Nucleo_F072RB_STUSB_UART_NVM_config_1.05" which is provided in the package STSW-STUSB002.

NVM file 2024-06-05 124440.jpg

Screenshot 2024-06-05 124312.jpg

I'll send you the waveforms shortly.

Ashu

Hello,

Here are the waveforms,

IMG_20240605_152650.jpg

CHANNEL 1: VSNK (Switched to +12V)

CHANNEL 2: VBUS_ENB (Pulse observed)

CHANNEL 3: VBUS (Initially +5V and after negotiation +12V)

IMG_20240605_154447.jpg

CHANNEL 1: VSNK (Not switched to +15V)

CHANNEL 2: VBUS_ENB (Pulse not observed)

CHANNEL 3: VBUS (Negotiation does not happen)

***CC1 AND CC2 SIGNALS

cc_12_IMG_20240605_162419.jpg

cc_15_IMG_20240605_162932.jpg

Regards,

Ashu

Hello

on 15V waveform, it seems that there is no messaging on CC lines.
Can you please provide scope snapshot with 500ms total, trigged on CC rising edge (i.e zoom on first part of CC rising edge)

Thanks

Nathalie

Hello,

Sending you snapshots for 15V 500ms and 250ms triggered on CC rising edge. 

15V CC 500ms snapshot.jpg

15V CC 250ms snapshot.jpg

Also below is for 12V 250ms snapshot triggered on cc edge

12V cc 250ms shot.jpg

Regards,

Ashutosh Kedare

  

Ashu

Hello

As you can see, the source which is supposed to negociate 15V is not responsive.

It seems to be a TypeC 5V source only: there is no messaging from source to initiate any contract. While with 12V source, there is clearly an activity on CC line which reflects the power nego.

Issue is on source side.

Best regards

Nathalie

Hello,

Currently I'm using this source

digitech_source.jpg

digitech_specs.jpg

I have also replaced the above source with an another source but the same thing happened with it for 15V and 20V profile

samsung.jpg

samsung_spec.jpg

  

Could you please suggest me a source which will work fine and help in resolving this issue. As the issue has been really become critical for us.

Regards,

Ashutosh Kedare

Ashu

Hello

As per the picture, it shall work and stusb4500 will negociate voltage, as per its PDOs, as long as the source sends its source_cap message which is not seen on photo you sent (no activity on CC line).

Best regards

Nathalie

Hello,

Yes exactly there is no communication visible on CC line will negotiating 15V but what could be the possible reasons?

Can you please suggest me a source (make and product ID) on which it is tested.

Regards,

Ashutosh Kedare.

Ashu

Hello,

I'm able to get the source_cap message but  the profile is not switching to 15V.

15v src CC Ok.jpg

Regards,

Ashutosh K

Ashu

seems that something has changed in the setup to get CC communication.

however without being able to see messages in protocol trace, it is nearly impossible to debug.

Best reagrds

Nathalie