cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVAL- SCS001V1: Doubts regarding type of source, configuration and output.

AshutoshK
Associate III

Hello There!

I have bought EVAL- SCS001V1 sink device for my application in which I need the output as 12V/2A from the mentioned sink device. I came across below problems and I seek help on it.

1) Problem related to STSW-STUSB002 GUI version 2.0.

The first problem is with the GUI version 2.0 as specified. When I made hardware connections as mentioned in the quick start document and I tried to connect the Nucleo- F072RB with the GUI 2.0, I got an error which says " The Parameter is Incorrect". and I'm unable to connect the hardware with the GUI 2.0.

I have resolved this issue by using the previous version ( STSW-STUSB002 GUI 1.09 ). So my hardware got detected in this version and I was able to program or write the NVM successfully. In the Connection Status of the GUI 1.09 it showed that " OK STUSB4500_L  Detected (COM19), at address 0x28 (I2C bus 1)" sharing image below.

OKconfigure_win.jpg

2) Problem related to the usage of the source device and selecting desired PDO's.

Currently I'm using the 65W mobile phone charger as the source device. I was not aware of the charging technology it was using. I was not able to switch the PDO profiles at the output. I was getting constant output 5V whereas the required is 12V. So if I'm not wrong the source must be USB PD technology support.

I need help on the available sources which I can use. And how can I select the desired PDO from configured PDO's in NVM to get the desired output 12V/2Amps.

Ashu
60 REPLIES 60

Yes after the NVM is written, the source has been shut off and kept off till all the stored charge in the capacitor is drained. It takes few seconds to shut off completely. 

I have also tried another source of 45W PD but same thing is happening with it.

Ashu

I guess that you kept I2C link alive.
Please disconnect the STUSB4500 board totally so that all internal supplies go below our internal POR.
You can monitor voltage on the caps of Vreg2v7 and vreg1v2.
Best regards

Nathalie

I have tried as you mentioned. Followed the below steps.

1. Programmed the NVM with above configurations

2. Measured the voltages Vref2V7 and Vreg1V2 (found to be OK)

3. Disconnected I2C and killed the power of stusb4500.

4. Again measured the voltages at Vref and Vreg which were found to be 0V.

5. Again after providing power to STUSB4500 the same thing happened voltage at output is 5.1V (15V not selected)

Ashu

I have also checked with different IC STUSB4500. I'm getting the same, 5V as output when I try for 15V and 20V profile selection. Kindly check if there is an issue in the program due to which 15V and 20V profiles are not getting selected. 

Ashu

I have also checked with different IC STUSB4500. I'm getting the same, 5V as output when I try for 15V and 20V profile selection. Kindly check if there is an issue in the program due to which 15V and 20V profiles are not getting selected. Please resolve this issue on high priority as it is very urgent.

Ashu

Hello

As I mentioned in separate email, I need USBPD trace exchange and oscilloscope view with CC1/CC2/VBUS/VBUS_EN_SNK
Please trig on VBUS rising edge, 100ms per square, and so that we can see 200ms before the trig.

Best regards

Nathalie

Hello 

Checking accurately GUI snapshot it seems that you are using STUSB4500L and not STUSB4500.
STUSB4500L is TypeC only, not USBPD. It can explain why you never get power nego with this part...

NBALL_0-1717519314722.png

Best regards

Nathalie

The IC I'm using is STUSB4500 which is confirmed. In GUI version 1.09 it shows L but the IC is STUSB4500 only. Sharing screenshot of GUI version 2.0 for your reference.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 132822.jpg

Ashu

Hello,

We didn't have USBPD analyser so I'm not able to trace the details. The power negotiation for 9V profile and 12V profile is occuring but when tried for 15V and 20V profile I'm getting output as 5V. I have check this on EVAL-SCS001V1 board as well as multiple custom boards too. Please check this and help on it. Also kindly check the .bin file which is provided.

Regards,

Ashu

Please provide more info. I cannot help without waveform/PD trace protocol.
Please provide also NVM file used.

Best regards

Nathalie

PS: I do not see any bin file.