cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation typo. L6474 Programming Manual DoclD022529 Rev A. Table 22 calls Bit 5 EN_TQREG. Table 26 uses TQREG. but calls it "External torque regulation enable. "

KiptonM
Lead
5 REPLIES 5
KiptonM
Lead

It would also be nice if the second lines of bit titles were also bold like the first line.

Talking about Tables 22, 28,

Table 12 and 18, Bit titles is not bolded

Table 14 and 15 do not have anything in the bit titles like all the others do.

KiptonM
Lead

Another nit. On Table 30 put the bold line on the second line. It looks like someone did a change all on the tables to try to make them look alike without paying attention to the actual table.

KiptonM
Lead

In Figures 15, 16, 17 it would be helpful if you included the CS signal, since this device works like no other SPI device I have run across with regards to raising CS after the command. And it is easy to miss that as I have seen in some of the community posts.

They think it is like Figure 14 where CS is included in the figure. It is not.

Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @KiptonM​,

thank you for reporting the typo in the L6474 datasheet Table 26: I confirm that the correct label is EN_TQREG.

The operation of the SPI protocol is clearly described in Chapter 8, further details can be found in the dedicated Application note AN4290.

However we will take into account the suggestion in future revisions of the document that will also include the formatting of the tables (in the meantime as you can see the template of the ST documents has changed).

Have a nice day !

While AN429 is helpful, it does not show the commands with diagrams of CS, SCK, MISO, MOSI either.

The biggest issue is that raising CS for 800 ns after sending the command is not standard for SPI devices. You need to make sure it is clear that it is necessary to do so on these devices.