cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asking about steval-1sa170v1

AMIRA_BESHIEER
Associate II

Hello, where can i find the altium files for steval-1sa170v1?

17 REPLIES 17

@AMIRA_BESHIEER wrote:

i couldn't open the gerber files. 

Why not?

Just extract them from the Zip file and open them in whatever tools you have to view Gerber files.

As @Peter BENSCH said, Gerbers are really just for manufacturing - not design transfer.

when i do that, i couldn't see anything.

@AMIRA_BESHIEER wrote:

when i do that,

Do what, exactly?

@AMIRA_BESHIEER wrote:

i couldn't see anything.

How and with what were you looking?

What platform are you on - Windows? Other?

As shown earlier, Windows can natively see inside Zip files. 
It can also extract from Zip files:

AndrewNeil_0-1706100053588.png

Gerber files are just plain text - you can view them in any text editor - eg, Notepad:

AndrewNeil_1-1706100155420.png

What size is the GERBER file you hopefully downloaded?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

For reference, the Gerbers Zip file I downloaded this morning was 432KB (442 368 bytes):

AndrewNeil_0-1706100631782.png

I need the layout,when I upload the gerber files to online gerber viewer. I couldn't see anything

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

It may be that online GERBER viewers have problems with the file extensions and you may have to change them to .GBR. The KiCAD viewer does not pay attention to this and interprets the content of the files and displays them if they are GERBER data:

steval-isa170v1 GERBER.png

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Which viewer did you use? Did you follow its instructions carefully? Did it give you any errors or other messages?

There are many - did you try any others?

This one seems to work: https://www.nextpcb.com/free-online-gerber-viewer.html 

AndrewNeil_0-1706107037347.png