cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK V2 Update error Unexpected flash size

Andreas_Engineer
Associate

Used this ST-Link V2 with W10 some years ago. Now on Linux I want to use it with openocd and got error:

ST-Link version does not support DAP direct transport

Most likely the cable adapter needs update.

But the STLinkUpgrade.jar reported  Unexpected flash size after opening the cable in update mode.

What can I do to use the cable?

26 REPLIES 26

I think it is something to do with STLinkUpgrade tool v3.14.5 which is part of Cube32 IDE 1.15.0.

I got my debugger to work by reverting CubeProgrammer v2-16-0 to v2-15-0. CubeProgrammer v2-15-0 comes with STLinkUpgrade tool v3.13.4. Although not the latest, it lets me upgrade the st-link firmware which works with IDE 1.15.0.

Whenever I start the debugger, IDE prompts to upgrade the st-link firmware which if rejected, will let use the debugger as normal.

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue.

After upgrading STM32CubeIDE to 1.15.0 it always prompts a message to upgrade the ST-LINK firmware.

It deploys the STLinkUpgrade utility with version 3.14.5 and from there, it's impossible to update none of the originals ST-LINK/V2 that we own.

If we run latest STMCubeProgrammer version -2.16.0- and run from there the Firmware Upgrade, the STLinkUpgrade launched is version 3.13.4 which works as expected.

Current firmware version on ST-LINK/V2 is V2J4357

BR

Encountered Same Issue

thealbertdev
Associate III

Same here.

volmyr
Associate

the same issue "unexpected flash size for st-link micro"

volmyr
Associate

I was able to upgrade, I've downloaded https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link007.html a previous version - 3.13.4.

As I stated, STMCubeProgrammer version -2.16.0- includes the Firmware Upgrade utility and the STLinkUpgrade launched is version 3.13.4 which works as expected.

jon2
Associate II

I am seeing this issue also. Using CubeProgrammer still causes the popup too.

JohannGlaser
Associate II

Same problem with STM32CubeIDE 1.15.0, launching STLinkUprade 3.14.5, while I play with an STM32F429I_DISCO board. Will try the stand-alone programmer.

Nexum
Associate II

Same problem here