cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to configure the "CSS" bit of option bytes using STVP Flashing Tool

sidique_memon
Associate

I am using ST72F264G2 controller & flashing the code using Raisonance R-Link debugger through STVP tool. I want the "CSS" bit of option bytes to be disabled, but there is no such bit to configure in the GUI of the STVP tool.

I tried various methods as given below:

1. Tried configuring the option bytes through the "option.s" file, but the values are not getting reflected in the binary file as set in the "option.s" file i.e. I want the value as Option Byte 0 = 0x40 & Option Byte 1 = 0x04 but the value reflected is Option Byte 0 = 0xF4 & Option Byte 1 = 0xD0.
  2. So, I changed the values of the respective addresses in binary file as required (Option Byte 0 = 0x40 & Option Byte 1 = 0x04) & flashed that file. Now the option bytes value is getting reflected in "OPTION BYTES" GUI of STVP tool as required, but it shows "CSS" bit as enabled (i.e. Option Byte 1 = 0x44 instead of 0x04).  
  3. I also tried writing the option bytes through the programmer in STVD IDE but facing same issue i.e. no option to configure "CSS" bit.
  4. We've one working board, so we tried to read the option bytes of that board in both "OPTION BYTES" GUI of STVP tool as well as in binary file. It shows the exact values as required (i.e. Option Byte 0 = 0x40 & Option Byte 1 = 0x04). But that board is programmed using Segger Flasher and we don't have the Segger Flasher.

The problem I'm facing is, that I'm not getting the exact clock configuration which I've configured. 

• So, will there be any effect of "CSS" bit of Option Bytes on the clock configuration?
  • If yes, then is there any other method for disabling the "CSS" bit?
  • Why the "OPTION BYTES" GUI shows different value as compared to the option bytes value written in binary files (i.e. written in binary files: Option Byte 0 = 0x40 & Option Byte 1 = 0x04

can be seen in "OPTION BYTES" GUI: Option Byte 0 = 0x40 & Option Byte 1 = 0x44)

• How to configure the Option Bytes using "option.s" file? Is there any setting to be done in STVD/STVP for including the option bytes settings from "option.s" file?

I've attached the screenshot of the "option.s" file & also the screenshots of the values displayed in "OPTION BYTES" GUI & values written in binary file. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jacob WOODRUFF
ST Employee

Hi All,

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance.  We'll contact you directly.

Regards,
Jake

ST Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jacob WOODRUFF
ST Employee

Hi All,

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance.  We'll contact you directly.

Regards,
Jake

ST Support