Associate II
Posted on December 06, 2002 at 09:18

Programmer schematics in ST PDF 'Icc Protocol Reference Manual'

4 REPLIES 4
tech3
Associate II
Posted on November 18, 2002 at 13:20

Hi,

I'm completely new to this and, am completely stuck. I built the ISP programmer from the schematics shown in the 'ICC Protocol Reference Manual' written by ST but cannot get the PC Parallel I/f source code provided to compile due to errors. Does anybody have S/W they could mail me to perform this function ?

Thanks,
daffy_19722
Associate
Posted on November 18, 2002 at 18:05

I am not surprise by your struggle. It is easy to get lost between the listing file (test program), the assembly code (the ICC program) and the C code without header files (the ICC program again).

I also got lost...

What are you looking for ? C or assembly ?

Which micro do you use ?

tech3
Associate II
Posted on November 22, 2002 at 06:12

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I seem to be getting even more confused as time goes on ! As I said this is all new to me and having built the board had naively thought it would be a simple case of compiling the S/W. A number of things trouble me...

1. There are various s/w routines provided but which do I need to establish an I/F with the board ? I had thought it was just a case of using the C titled 'PC parallel port I/f '

2. At the top of this routine it states that this is compatible with the ST7 toolchain s/w yet so I tried the board with this alone but, by monitoring the pins of the port with a Digitizing Scope, it doesn't seem to be providing the correct pulses. Do I need one of the S/W routines provided ?

3. Do I need the board connected to a processor ? In this case we are using the ST72F521R913 does it have to 'initialise' and return a signal for communication to commence ?

Any suggestions/Software you could provide would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks.
alain2399
Associate II
Posted on December 06, 2002 at 09:18

The schematics of the ST7 FLASH STICK LPT programmer are now available on this sites with all the information necessary to do your own (BOM, Gerber files ..). The STVP7 (programmimg software) also available on this site is already able to connect to the STICK.

[ This message was edited by: Alaini on 06-12-2002 13:49 ]