cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In circuit bootloader via RS232 or USB ?

jas
Associate II
Posted on February 08, 2007 at 20:23

In circuit bootloader via RS232 or USB ?

33 REPLIES 33
Pantuca.Erwin
Associate II
Posted on June 30, 2011 at 04:36

previously i had been able to find a lot of very usefule files (application notes, sample source, tools, utilities etc) for the str9.  now i could not find these same files in their new website layout.  does it mean they are gone?  because we dont usually download all of these as they are easily available (and searchable) before.  that would be a very big concern for us regarding using str9 and st mcu in general?

davidwilson9
Associate
Posted on June 30, 2011 at 11:26

Yes it is a worry.

I am working with STR911 on a new project. Demo files are all over the place. Some links point to different revisions, some software (Flash loader demo) has no revision number on it.

Actually I downloaded that tool yesterday and cannot find it today!

Datasheets are very poor quality, plenty of bugs in ST C library that was provided.

I read a lot of people facing these problems in the forum. It does not look good for ST, I will definitely avoid this company on future projects.

Posted on July 01, 2011 at 00:04

I am working with STR911 on a new project.

Yeah, I wouldn't be putting my eggs in that basket. It's like a five year old design, all the resources have moved to the M0/M3/M4 designs. Are you sure you can source this part in any quantity? Is there some magic bullet feature in it you can't get to with an STM32F2 type part?

The example code is what it is, but the website has become more unusable as it has got prettier. This Microsoft forum software is truly awful, and about a decade late to the market, not sure who picked this winner.

Google has a lot of dead links into the forum (STM32 one at least), which is now offline.

I got into the habit of downloading and dating some of the files from the site,  because things moved and/or were hard to find again, or were revised.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pantuca.Erwin
Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2011 at 03:02

ok. it took me sometime but found the files for our cpu under legacy products.

http://www.st.com/internet/mcu/product/165891.jsp