cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC identification from board MP20-T (Schaudt)

Michael_OSU
Associate II

Hello,

I'm new in this community. 

I have a problem with my control panel from my camper. (Dethleffs) 

The Control Panel is from Schaudt. 

It's the MP20-T

problem: Temperature from both sensors shows -28°

feedback from Schaud:

The IC is the reason for my problem but I get not more feedback I have to send it there.

I checked for the IC but I can't identify the number.  

somebody knows which is the correct number from the IC in the attachment?

thanks a lot for your help.

regards Michael

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

Looks like an LM358 op-amp based on the 358 marking.

TDK_0-1694524413503.png

Wouldn't be surprised if the issue was elsewhere. Hard to know without any more info.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Michael_OSU
Associate II

Hi TDK,

sorry for the late replay. I was a little bussy this week.

Thanks for the first feedback.

Which Information do you need exact for deeper analyse?

Do you know the MP20-T board from Schaudt? 

If you google Schaudt MP20-T you will see a lot of pictures.

My problem is that if I want check the temperature it shows -28°C for inside and outside temperature.

2 sensors available. Which means sensor shouldn't be the problem. 

Display worked until the connected battery was broken down. 

After switching on the battery again the fault surfaced. 

I'm not sure what happened but after a email conversation with Schaudt they told me the IC should be the problem.

But they don't send me a IC. It's only possible to send the board to Schaudt that they change it.

They want have more then 100€ for this.  

That's the reason why I asked for the part number because this is the IC which is connected with the sensors on the board. And normal a IC is less then 1-5€  

Hope now is clear otherwise please give me a hint what you need.

Hint, If I check the connection from the IC and check the Layout from your suggestion I believe it can't be the correct one because PIN 1/2 are shortcut and PIN 3/4 are shortcut. 

Which part could it be? 

thanks a lot

Michael

_

sorry I'm not familar with the forum. I set a new reply to give you a feedback. see below.

Shorting pins 1+2 and pins 3+4 is done if that half of the op-amp isn't used. Wide supply traces on pins 4+8 would also suggest it's the right chip. "LM358" is also common, available by several suppliers, and it's unlikely a different chip has that marking. Could always be wrong, but the evidence is strong here.

If it were me, I'd buy a chip and replace it. And if it doesn't fix the problem, I'd check back with Schaudt. Possible that reworking it yourself could void a warranty.

If it happened after the battery was replaced, sounds like a configuration or calibration issue. Just guessing, no experience with this particular device.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks a lot for this feedback.

I will check it.