cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to know where to buy the programmer and reader for the ST90T40C6 and which programmer model works.

FGome.2
Associate

I would like to know where to buy the programmer and reader for the ST90T40C6 and which programmer model works.

Flavio Gomes

** personal data deleted **

3 REPLIES 3

This isn't an STM32, and is very​ antiquated. You likely need an ST9 programmer, or Universal Programmer, and adapter to do this. You might also need a PC or OS that is contemporary with the part.

Your alternative would be to construct something with more recent parts using documentation about programming means and methods.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FGome.2
Associate

Thank you so much for your answer.

I have several port modules used in trains that are missing the microcontroller, but I have an original part with the program, but I believe this program is protected.

The company that developed this program closed, so I need to find some company that will copy the protected program and copy it to other microcontrollers. Do you know any companies that could help me?

There definitely companies that do reverse engineering work, and chip extraction.

Chinese ones likely to be least costly, but might just get you a data dump, and you'll still have to find a programmer.

Perhaps you can track down the assets or former employees of this company at the time the boards/systems were manufactured. Or if anyone made newer or equivalent boards. Absent sustaining levels of business all might be lost, and re-engineering portions or parts of the design may be quite costly.

In any case a search on LinkedIn might prove interesting both for the knowledge it might uncover, and if those there went into similar companies/industry, or know who might have a stockpile or surplus devices.

Beyond that, the're perhaps eBay, or other recycling or scrap vendors.

ST9 EPB

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/cd00004275-st9-flash-programming-stmicroelectronics.pdf

http://matthieu.benoit.free.fr/sms_sprintplus48.htm

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..