cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi there, Is there any footprint and pin compatible part to substitute the STMPE811QTR part? I just saw an obsolesce notice. Kind regards, Raul

raulhernandezfernandez
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Like similar devices, the STMPE811 supported resistive touchscreens, which were replaced by capacitive touchscreens. Because of the recently very low global demand, it no longer makes sense to continue producing them.

Unfortunately, we don't know of any compatible device with the same specifications.

Good luck anyway!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Like similar devices, the STMPE811 supported resistive touchscreens, which were replaced by capacitive touchscreens. Because of the recently very low global demand, it no longer makes sense to continue producing them.

Unfortunately, we don't know of any compatible device with the same specifications.

Good luck anyway!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
raulhernandezfernandez
Associate II

Hi Peter,

That is very disappointing for us. Unfortunately, three of our product lines uses the STMPE811QTR, We had to support resistive touching technology due to the fact that most of our customers need to use plastic gloves.

Thanks for you answer and have a good day.

Kind regards,

Raul

Glen Larson
Associate II

Us, too! Need resistive touch for a medical device.

ChrisSkelton
Associate

Hi guys, did anyone find an alternative (or some stock somewhere)? I have only just come across this issue and it is seriously going to affect the production of our medical device.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The termination notification AMS/20/12518 contains 2021-06-23 as the date for the last order entry.

Maybe you still have the opportunity to place a last order at one of the distributors?

Regards

/Peter

Hi Peter, thank you for your reply. Do you have a copy of the termination notice that you can send to me please?

The problem will be the lead time I suspect, I need the stock now, not in 3 months time or whtever the lead time will be. I have been chasing RS Compoennts for a week now but they cant tell me when they expect deliveries of thier orders. Would you know the answer to that? Cheers.

You will find the termination notice if you enter AMS/20/12518 into you preferred internet search engine.

Delivery problems and stock issues should be clarified with the respective distributor.

Regards

/Peter

jeffl.kelley9
Associate II

It is probably reasonable to discontinue the STMPE811 touch screen controller. However, an I2C port expander with the ability to have up to 8 analog inputs might be another matter. Perhaps explaining what the part can do in different terms would open new marketing possibilities.

User455
Associate II

ST still sell products, which use STMPE811QTR anyway (e.g. STM32F429I-DISC1) and stop availability and producing of spare parts, and they do not offer any compatible device regarding this component?

Have I understood that correctly??

I​ would need this part, because it is defective (short circuit), and no dealer can supply it, what is the solution for this case?

Thank You!​