Associate II
Posted on September 27, 2004 at 11:48

gdi-error

13 REPLIES 13
chutton99
Associate II
Posted on September 16, 2004 at 22:26

Hello Peterwrigley,

looks like i have found the problem. I have been advised that some computers use a 3.3v lpt and some use a 5v lpt. the inDART kit will only work on 5v lpt and both of my computers use 3.3v lpt. To find that this was the problem i decreased the supply voltage on my target bord to 3.1v and it all worked fine.

Thanks for all yor help.
nciot
Associate II
Posted on September 20, 2004 at 06:06

Hi hutto,

as you have written, and us we have discussed by e-mail, there are two type of LPT ports: the 3.3V and the 5V ones. Since inDART-ST7C has been developed for working with the second ones (the eldest), if you are using a 3.3V LPT port, you should low down the target power voltage to 4.5V - 4V.

This will match the inDART-ST7C communication logic level with the LPT logic level.

Nicola
yonasgwb
Associate
Posted on September 21, 2004 at 10:47

I got the problem of gdi error in Hds2 emulator. The software I'm using is STVD7 .

I also have a message telling me that the debugger doesn't support your hardware configuration!

Any , comments on that!
ldefend2
Associate II
Posted on September 27, 2004 at 11:48

Quote:

On 2004-09-21 14:17, yona wrote:

I got the problem of gdi error in Hds2 emulator. The software I'm using is STVD7 .

I also have a message telling me that the debugger doesn't support your hardware configuration!

Any , comments on that!

The situation is quite different.

Before your message we are talking about inDART development tool, while you are using HDS2 Series Emulator.

Anyway it seems to be caused by a shutdown/turnon sequence between the HDS2 and STVD7. Some people ordinarily turn everthing off then back on and then it starts working again.