cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happened when changing a default values of INPSAMPLE, INPCMP, INPLATCH, OFFSHIFT in ADC of SPC560PXX? Then how to determine The values of these bitfields?

VJ.4
Associate

I tried setting up with default configuration parameters for ADC 1 on the SPC560PXX. However, it provides some random values. In the conversion timing register, I verified that INPSAMPLE's SPC560PXX default value is 5. When creating a Conversion group setting file in the ADC configuration menu of SPC5 Studio, INPSAMPLE is 3. What happens when I change these values from the default values and how should I go about determining the Conversion Timing Register Bitfields? I want to know more specific information about these bitfields. Below, I've attached a images of reference manual and the SPC5 studio default values.

0693W00000QKSuQQAX.pngThis a Conversion Group Settings in SPC5 Studio. The Default Value of INPSAMPLE is 3 in SPC5 Studio.

0693W00000QKSv9QAH.pngConversion Timing Register in a Reference manual. The Default Value of INPASAMPLE is 5 in Reference manual.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Hello,

about INPSAMP value,

the default value 5 is the one chosen by HW at power ON.

The default value 3 in the tool is the one chosen by RLA Driver at IP initialization in range [3..255].

So no issue here.

About your question, "what happens when I change these values" (CTR0 fields) I recommend you to read the chapter "ADC sampling and conversion timing" to understand their influence on the ADC timings.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Hello,

about INPSAMP value,

the default value 5 is the one chosen by HW at power ON.

The default value 3 in the tool is the one chosen by RLA Driver at IP initialization in range [3..255].

So no issue here.

About your question, "what happens when I change these values" (CTR0 fields) I recommend you to read the chapter "ADC sampling and conversion timing" to understand their influence on the ADC timings.

Best regards.