cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC570S CAN Message Filter

MFisc.3
Associate

Hello,

I am struggling with the individual RX CAN Message Filter RXIMRx on SPC570S.

First Question:

Is there an Application Note available for the SPC57x Note like it is for the for SPC58x (TN1348).

Second Question:
I want to use the RX CAN Message Filter RXIMR0 without FIFO.
How is the extended bit IDE and the RTR handled in the filter or

is it ok to handle extended and standard format only with the filter-range.

If so how ist RTR activated deactivated.

Kind regards in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Michael,
thank you for this information.

The devices seems to be similar but the SPC570S uses a different register naming in the documentation compared to the SPC58x.

I will try to find a matching between the Register-naming from SPC57x and the SPC58x.

But if the device are the same, it would be helpful if ST could use same naming in the hole SPC5 Family documentation.

Kind regards 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Michal Polrola
Associate II

If I remember, CAN in SPC57x (I've used SPC572L) is identical as in SPC58x so I used Application note for 58x. Also, SPC5Studio filter generator for SPC57 does not support all modes, so I created config using one of SPC58 CPUs and copied to SPC57 config files. Bit crazy but works.  

regards

Michal

Hi Michael,
thank you for this information.

The devices seems to be similar but the SPC570S uses a different register naming in the documentation compared to the SPC58x.

I will try to find a matching between the Register-naming from SPC57x and the SPC58x.

But if the device are the same, it would be helpful if ST could use same naming in the hole SPC5 Family documentation.

Kind regards