Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want run can comunication on my SPC560BC50L1 chip

Psoon.1
Associate

hi everyone.

i have a problem of my CAN example

i have run example source on my SPC560BC50L1 chip

on my SPC5Studio, there is no library for SPC560BC50L1 chip, so i use library for SPC560BC50L5

and i set chip as SPC560B50L1 chip,

when i set SPI communication, i was succesful to enable SPI by setting PIN editor

but, when i use can communication library, there is no PIN set on Library, it was empty.

i run this example source code ( SPC560BCXX-OSLESS-CAN ) .

it was done for running, but there is no signal on my Pin ( my CAN0 TX PIN is 14 )

what should i do to run can example source on my chips

or what can i do to set my pinmap to use this library?

3 REPLIES 3
zambrano.luigi
Senior III

Hi,

the CAN test application included in SPC5Studio (SPC560BCxx_RLA CAN Test Application) doesn't not contain any pin configuration for the CAN because, as explained in the Readme.txt file, the CAN is configured in loopback mode. This to avoid any external connection for testing the CAN peripheral. If you want to generate a CAN flow in output, you have

1. disable the loopback mode, modifying the cfg0 CAN configuration through the FlexCAN Setting tab (see CAN_Settings.png in attachment).
  2. define, in the Board Component the pins that you want to use as CAN RX/TX according with the pin configuration shown in the Reference Manual. In order to simply the pin configuration, SPC5Studio makes available the PinMap Editor, a graphic interface for the pin selection and setting. In order to run the PinMap Editor, please, select in the Platform Component your core (SPC560BC50L1), then, from the Board Component, click on the PinMap Editor button in the IO Settings tab or click on the PinMap Editor button in the Common tasks bar (see PinMap01.png in attachment). In this way, the PinMap Editor will be opened (see PinMap02.png in attachment) and the CAN pins can be easily configured by rightly clicking on related pins and selecting the CAN function.

Regards,

Luigi

zambrano.luigi
Senior III

zambrano.luigi
Senior III