cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using SPC5b6054 microcontroller. I am trying to develop LIN driver. It is working properly ,but i need to change delimiter length. I did't find the register in data sheet to change it. Please suggest me a way to change the delimiter length.

Jkoya
Associate

5 REPLIES 5
prashanth.mohan22
Associate III

hi @Erwan YVIN​ ,

Can you please help on this one.

By default we are getting one bit for delimiter. But as per the LIN Descriptor File, delimiter should hold two bits. Kindly let us know a way to change the delimiter length, as we couldn't find the appropriate register in the datasheet.

Best Regards,

Prashanth Mohan

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello ,

I think that it is located in BIDR register0690X00000AqR65QAF.png

Best regards

Erwan

prashanth.mohan22
Associate III

Hi Erwan,

Thanks for your response, but unfortunately, what we are asking is not about Data Field Length which is number of data bytes in the RESPONSE part of the frame.

But we are asking about the delimiter bit length in the SYNC Brake Field of header part of the frame.

PFA,

0690X00000AqR8aQAF.png

While connecting to LIN channel to the analyzer, we are getting on is "sync delimiter error". In our chip, we could able to select the break length in MBL register field of LINCR1 register, but not the delimiter length.

0690X00000AqRDGQA3.png

Currently we are setting MBL as 18 bits and by default it is taking the delimiter length as 1 bit, upon which, we are getting "delimiter bit error" in LIN Analyzer.

Please help us on this.

Best Regards,

Prashanth Mohan

Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

I think that it is not configurable and it should be 1 Bit

About the error

"This Error bit bit is set by hardware when the delimiter is too short (in other words, less than one bit time).

It should be cleared by software."

I have checked in All families SPC56,SPC57 and SPC58 .. No configuration is possible on Delimiter bit length

Best Regards

Erwan

Jkoya
Associate

0690X00000AqUqQQAV.png0690X00000AqUrJQAV.png0690X00000AqUquQAF.pngHi Erwan ,

Thanks for your reply.

SPC_LIN_waveform_9600BPS(first image) screen shot is the LIN wave form generated by SPC microcontroller, which is captured in oscilloscope.

According to this waveform, the delimiter length is not less than one bit, But still i am getting the same error which i mentioned in CANanalyse_LIN(second image) screen shot.

Actual required wave form is mentioned in Simulated_master_node(third image) screen shot.