cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use ICU for channels in eMOIS0 Group1 with SPC5Studio?

TUyar.1
Associate

Hi,

I am using SPC584B70E3 and I want to configure some of the inputs as an ICU. However, the SPC5Studio Limits the ICU for eMIOS0 Channels 0-7 only. I cannot configure PE[0] (eMIOS0 Channel 11 or eMIOS1 Channel 13) as ICU for instance. In the Reference Manual these channels have the ability to be configured as SAIC (Single Action Input Capture) but I do not understand how that is done through SPC5 Studio.

Can you help me with configuring PE[0] as an Input Capture as an example?

Thanks for the help,

5 REPLIES 5
ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Hello,

you can open the PinMap editor:0693W00000JMAkdQAH.pngRight click on pad 13 (PE[0]) and selec the source you want (emios0 channel 11 or emios 1 channel 13)

then save you pinmap, close it

save your configuration and rebuild all.

Best Regards,

-Olivier

ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Then I am looking to the awnser about the SAIC ...

TUyar.1
Associate

I am sorry if I did not explained my issue more clearly. I know how to set a pin as an eMIOS channel, this is not what I am asking.

If you go to the eMIOS Settings (under Low Level Drivers Component) you can see that only eMIOS0 Ch0-Ch7 are allowed to be configured as ICU. However, in the Reference Manual I can see that more eMIOS channels have the SAIC functionality. I am asking if there is a way to set a different eMOIS Channel as ICU.

ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Your question was perfectly good. I just not found the answer yet.

You are right, it seems the current driver only implements the channels 0 to 7.

I will ask for Driver team support to be able to answer you as soon as possible.

BRs,

-Olivier

I had the confirmation that current Low Level Driver do not support more that the 8 first channels of emios0 to be configured in SAIC mode.

Then you will have to use one of supported channels (ch0 to ch7).

Best Regards,

-Olivier