cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-MEMS1 application Inclinometer and eCompass

MRaff.1
Associate III

Hello, 

on a custom board which mounts STM32F407 CPU with LSM6DSV16XTR accelerometer+gyroscope and LIS2MDLTR magnetometer I have to implement an inclinometer and a eCompass with the maximum accuracy.

Now, it is not completely clear to me how to get the most accurate inclination an eCompass information since there are a lot of possibilities. Is the MotionFx the definitive solution or it is better to use MotionTL and MotionEc or maybe a combination of these?

Moreover on a previous board based on the LSM303AGR I made a 6 points factory calibration, the correction matrix was evaluated off-line stored on flash and applied on each measurement. This increased the accuracy to the desired values. 

According to documentation MotionTL has this feature (I don't know if the library performs the evaluation of the compensation matrix). Is the 6 point calibration available also with MotionFx in some way? Here the documentation focuses mainly on magnetometer calibration and does not mention the accelerometer calibration. 

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0