cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values for lm6dsox acc values in non movement state?

NMart.1
Associate III

Hello

Im using steval mksbox 1vs1 for vibration analysis. I have taken measurements with motor in movement and withe the motor stopped. At first I supose that with the motor in stop mode, the acc values in the 3 axis should be near to 0.

In other thread I read that "You should at least see some differences between x and z axis when the device is flat on a surface (x almost close to 0, y almost close to 1g)."

Can you tell me which should be the normal values for the lm6dsox when there is no movement?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JWu.12
Associate III

Hi, if your steval mksbox is in flat position, you will see 0g along x and y axis and 1g along z axis, since the sensor is reading the Earth acceleration (if no high pass filter has been configured). This is a standard for ST sensors. In a vibration, however, you actually don't mind the DC component, but only the FFT and the oscillating signal.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JWu.12
Associate III

Hi, if your steval mksbox is in flat position, you will see 0g along x and y axis and 1g along z axis, since the sensor is reading the Earth acceleration (if no high pass filter has been configured). This is a standard for ST sensors. In a vibration, however, you actually don't mind the DC component, but only the FFT and the oscillating signal.