cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the STEVAL-MKI109V3 with MKI179V1 accelerometer daugther board, connected to PC via USB Lauching Unico GUI 9.13.0.0 and selecting a device -> communication error probably due to an unappropriate driver What driver is to be used with Windows 10?

LCari.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LCari.1
Associate II

Hello ,

Yes for both.

In the meantime, I have installed the following : VCP_V1.5.0_Setup_W8_x64_64bits.exe and it works now.

But, normally I should not have done this according to STm video "Getting started with profiMEMS" explaining needed driver are already native in the files.zip

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @LCari.1​ ,

can you see the STM32 board in the device manager?

And did you uploaded the last firmware update on the STEVAL-MKI109V3?

-Eleon

LCari.1
Associate II

Hello ,

Yes for both.

In the meantime, I have installed the following : VCP_V1.5.0_Setup_W8_x64_64bits.exe and it works now.

But, normally I should not have done this according to STm video "Getting started with profiMEMS" explaining needed driver are already native in the files.zip

Those are the win8 drivers, the win10 has already embedded the STM32 drivers... or at least it should

-Eleon

LCari.1
Associate II

Yes that 's what I understood as well. no need for W10

BUT, it didn't work , the port was enumeraed in Device Manager but no way to communicate....

LCari.1
Associate II

By the way, I have posted another issue on the web case 00167097:

I have downloaded the UNICO GUI software to develop an apps using the accelerometer ref = LIS2DW12 with the STEVAL-MKI109V3 (Professional MEMS tool).

When clicking on the <Advanced Features> in option tab , the "current supply measurement / power supply" window does not pop up. No way to measure the current which is the basics.... Moreover, it enters in an never ending loop with UNICO is not responding !

Could you help on that one ?

Thanks

LCari.1
Associate II

coming back to FW version: I have V2.18.6 coming with download of GUI UNICO V9.13.0.0.

Is it correct?

In the UM1049 I read 3.30.0

Hi @LCari.1​ ,

the associated Unico FW should be the v 3.42.4 version

0693W00000VOqDxQAL.png-Eleon

LCari.1
Associate II

Yes , I have the V3.42.4

0693W00000VOqF0QAL.png

LCari.1
Associate II

The interface has many less tabs and options than the on described in the UM1049

0693W00000VOqFtQAL.png