cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unico-GUI installation problem, USB is not recognized.

MYuas.1
Associate

I try to use MKI208V1K via MKI109V3 on Win10.

But when I move Unico-GUI, my PC show �?ERROR:Communication with the motherboard failed. 

Please check the mainboard is connected property.".

And 2 device drivers are fail "STM32 Virtual ComPort""USB Serial Device"

According to UM1049 User manual, it needet to install “Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)�?. 

But Microsoft already stopped to deliver.

How can I get it to work?

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MYuas.1​ ,

Not sure, since it should work also with more recent packages (and ok, I'm using Unico on Win10 OS).

Moreover, on Win10 you should already have natively installed STM32 Drivers.

My first suggestion is to check the Device manager panel, under the Ports (COM & LPT) section, whether the list of the USB com port changes when the board is plugged or unplugged. You should of course see a new VCOM.

if you cannot see it, maybe it's a driver issue. When you download the (last) Unico-GUI package, currently the 9.9.0 version, you should check the folder \DRIVER\STM32_vcp and try to install them. You should try installing the proper drivers from that folder.

Second suggestion is to upload the last firmware on the ProfiMEMS, in DFU mode: you can use in this case the .bin file in \FIRMWARE\ProfiMEMSTool board. I suggest you to use the STM32CubeProgrammer and not the "classical" DFuSe demo, and to uninstall the latter in case, since it could raise driver conflicts. Moreover, it is better you flag the "Full chip erase" selection before uploading the .bin file.

Please let me know whether these suggestions can be useful for you.

-Eleon

MYuas.1
Associate

Thank you Eleon

In ​DRIVER\STM32_vcp

Last version 

- V1.5.0 - 02/05/2018

Supported OS

+ Windows 98SE, 2000, XP, Vista, Seven, 8.x (x86 & x64 Windows platforms)

Contents

+ VCP_V1.5.0_Setup_W7_x86_32bits.exe   : Setup file to Copy required files for Win7 x86 

+ VCP_V1.5.0_Setup_W7_x64_64bits.exe   : Setup file to Copy required files for Win7 x64

+ VCP_V1.5.0_Setup_W8_x86_32bits.exe   : Setup file to Copy required files for Win8 x86 

+ VCP_V1.5.0_Setup_W8_x64_64bits.exe   : Setup file to Copy required files for Win8 x64 

+ version.txt           : History of versions

+ readme.txt           : This file

I cannot find Win10 version

But I tried to install  + VCP_V1.5.0_Setup_W8_x86_32bits.exe  for test, but not succeeded.

I try your 2nd suggestion then,​