cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you give me the following specifications of the LSM6DSM, the LSM6DSL and the LSM6DSOX?

Mvan .10
Associate

The typical values of the:

- Sensitivity tolerance of the accelerometer

- Cross-axis sensitivity/non-orthogonality of the accelerometer and gyroscope

- Non-linearity of the accelerometer and gyroscope

I could not find those in the datasheets.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Mvan .10​ ,

for a full characterization of these parameter -since they are not on the datasheet-, you should check with your regional support, at this contact link.

However, I can share you some bench data on a representative sample, that I already shared inside this Community in the past:

• LSM6DSM non-linearity --> LINK
  • LSM6DSM cross-axis --> LINK
  • LSM6DSM sensitivity scale factor (or tolerance) --> LINK
  • Other AVAR parameters on LSM6DSM --> LINK

The typical values of these parameters are almost the same for LSM6DSL and LSM6DSM, while they show an improvement in the case of LSM6DSOX.

If my reply answered -at least partially- your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Mvan .10​ ,

for a full characterization of these parameter -since they are not on the datasheet-, you should check with your regional support, at this contact link.

However, I can share you some bench data on a representative sample, that I already shared inside this Community in the past:

• LSM6DSM non-linearity --> LINK
  • LSM6DSM cross-axis --> LINK
  • LSM6DSM sensitivity scale factor (or tolerance) --> LINK
  • Other AVAR parameters on LSM6DSM --> LINK

The typical values of these parameters are almost the same for LSM6DSL and LSM6DSM, while they show an improvement in the case of LSM6DSOX.

If my reply answered -at least partially- your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

Mvan .10
Associate

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for your quick response. I don't understand how the non-orthogonality values can be smaller than 0. In other words: How do these values correspond to the cross-axis sensitivity you typically see in IMU datasheets?

Thanks again.

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Mvan .10​ ,

probably in the other datasheets the non-orthogonality or cross-axis is defined as an absolute value, but the typical definition is (for example in the X-Y axis cases):

• x-y_cross_axis = x_axl_0g - y_axl_0g / x_axl_0g

If the x_axl_0g - y_axl_0g is <0, i.e x_axl_0g < y_axl_0g, the resulting parameter will be negative (so that you have not only the "percentage" information, but also the direction of the cross axis).

-Eleon